How Canadians do business has changed. To stay competitive and grow, small and medium-sized businesses need to adopt new digital tools.
In Budget 2021, the Government of Canada announced the $4 billion Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) to help get your business online, give your e-commerce presence a boost or help digitalize your business's operations.
CDAP provides funding and support to businesses, as well as training and work opportunities for young Canadians.
Apply for a micro-grant and access e-commerce advisors to help you go digital and take advantage of e-commerce opportunities.
Apply for a grant to help you develop a digital plan, and leverage funded work placements to help with your digital transformation.
Resources and tools
Learn more about digitally transforming your business
- 7 steps to create a website that works for your business Article
Want a tireless salesperson who works 24 hours a day, 365 days a year? Start by designing a website for your business.
- Create an e-commerce strategy for your business Article
Crafting a clear strategic plan to take your business online will help you drive more sales.
- How to combine a bricks-and-mortar store with e-commerce Article
Do you know the "20/80 rule"? Discover that and more in this guide to combining your bricks-and-mortar store with e-commerce.
- E-commerce – Grow your global presence Article
- A step-by-step guide to starting an online store for your small business Blog Post
Improving operations efficiency (and profitability) through digital investments
- Digital procurement: 4 ways to boost efficiency and save money Article
Save money and time by using digital procurement software to handle your inventory management.
Investing in digital and technology to generate business and improve productivity
- 3 pillars of a successful digital transformation Blog Post
Create a digital corporate culture in your company and get the best value from your tech investments.
- How to use technology to improve your profits Article
Discover in this guide to the commonly used tech tools the different areas of your business that can be automated, from doing payroll to managing supply chains.
- Developing a digital business culture Success story
Learn how this aluminum window-maker is gaining new momentum by adopting digital technology, automation on the shop floor and a radically different company structure.
Commitment to inclusion
The Canada Digital Adoption Program upholds Innovation Canada’s commitment to providing inclusive programs and cultivating a workplace that is both diverse and inclusive so that we can best support the businesses we serve.
Thank you for your feedback