Download intellectual property (IP) data from the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO).
IP Horizons is a databank consisting of trademark, industrial design and patent applications filed with CIPO. Most products were designed for organizations that maintain their own IP databases, while the researcher datasets – a combination of CSV and TXT formats – provide easy access to data for ad hoc research and analytical purposes.
- Release Notes: Canadian Patent XML ST.36
- Researcher Datasets - New format for industrial design data and update to patent data!
- Upcoming in May 2021 – new historical collection for industrial design data
- Trademark and Industrial Design – data correction required
- Update to the biological sequence listings historical collection
- Trademarks historical files refresh
- Format change for industrial design data
- Industrial design historical files refresh
- European Patent Office announces termination of MIMOSA maintenance support
Applications and registrations (XML, PNG)
Trademark applications and registrations, including images: weekly updates and a historical collection.
Industrial design data
Researcher datasets: registrations and assignments (CSV and TXT)
Industrial design registrations and assignments: quarterly updates.
Registrations and assignments (XML, PNG)
Industrial design registrations and assignments, including images: weekly updates and a historical collection.
Researcher datasets: bibliographic, full text and administrative status (CSV and TXT)
Patent applications, granted patents and administrative status changes regarding patent applications: quarterly updates
Patent ST.36 (XML)
Patent applications and granted patents: weekly updates and a historical collection
Biological sequence listings (TXT)
Documentation of biological sequence listings: weekly updates and a historical collection
Patent application images (MIMOSA)
Electronic scans of patent applications: weekly updates
Granted patent images (MIMOSA)
Electronic scans of granted patents applications: weekly updates