Maintaining the registration for 10 years.
1. Before you begin
You need a My Canada Business Account (formerly known as My ISED Account) to log in to our online services.
Don't have an account? Visit the login page and follow the steps to create an account.
You may pay any fee using a credit card or by deposit account.
If you are an agent...
Activate your CIPO username by contacting the Trademarks Operations section by phone at 819-997-2590, or by fax at 819-953-2476. Do not contact us if it is already activated.
Note: It is important that you give the Formalities section your CIPO username exactly as you applied for it. It is case-sensitive and must be recorded exactly as it was applied for.
2. Access the registration and renewal online services (you must log in)
Sign in with your account credentials.
You should review our system requirements and information summary to make sure you have the appropriate software.
3. Services available
You may use this web application to:
- pay the registration fee (for applications filed prior to ); and
- renew your trademark registration
Trademark registration and renewal e-service
4. After you register or renew
You will be able to view the following items online:
- registration certificate
- renewal certificate
We will send all other communications to you by regular mail.
The registration certificate and the registration page are available online. However, all further correspondence related to the registration must be done by regular mail.
- For questions related to CIPO’s applications, or to get a user guide, please contact the Client Service Centre.
- To report a technical problem, please complete the technical problem report form.