The application period for the Canadian Experiences Fund is now closed. If you are a business that relies on tourism, you may be eligible for other financial supports, including the Tourism Relief Fund.
The Canadian Experiences Fund (CEF) supports communities across Canada as they create and enhance tourism products, facilities and experiences. Delivered through Canada's Regional Development Agencies (RDAs), this two-year Fund helps Canada's tourism sector innovate and grow by providing targeted investments based on regional priorities.
Eligible projects and events
Investments made through the CEF will focus on supporting:
- winter and shoulder-season;
- inclusiveness, especially for the LGBTQ2 community;
- rural and remote communities; and
- farm-to-table, also known as culinary tourism.
Eligible CEF proponents could be non-profits, for-profit businesses, local governments, local development agencies, or any other organizations, provided they are in line with the relevant RDA's contribution programs and related terms and conditions.
How to apply
- The Canadian Experiences Fund received a high number of applications and demand exceeds the amount of funding available in some regions.
- Please visit your respective Regional Development Agency’s website for information on available funding and the application process.