The Roadmap for Canada's Official Languages 2013-2018: Education, Immigration, Communities follows the Roadmap for Canada’s Linguistic Duality 2008-2013, which ended on March 31, 2013. The new recast contains a budget of $1.1 billion divided among 14 federal departments and agencies.
The Roadmap assigns responsibility for the EDI to Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada and the federal regional development organizations as delivery partners. The initiative helps foster the development of new business expertise in official language minority communities.
Federal EDI partners
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
- Canada Economic Development for Quebec Region (CED)
- Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
- Western Economic Diversification (WD)
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario)
- Federal Economic Development Initiative for Northern Ontario (FedNor)
(FedNor is an Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada organization mandated to deliver regional development programs in Northern Ontario)