Our strategic policy sector makes recommendations and develops policies that help the economy run smoothly and efficiently and set the stage for Canadian companies to grow and compete. By setting clear, fair rules that improve conditions for investment and encouraging businesses to take risks and innovate, we're working to improve the economic and social well-being of all citizens.
Find out how:
- Effective marketplace framework policies encourage entrepreneurship, innovation, investment and competitiveness while protecting the interests of Canadian citizens.
- Well-crafted international policies help Canadian businesses to compete and succeed internationally.
- Fair telecommunications policies govern and promote the development, efficient operation and competitiveness of Canadian telecommunications, a $50-billion-a-year industry in Canada.
- Leading-edge sustainability and corporate social responsibility policies support the development of sustainable industries.
- Canada's Industrial and Technological Benefits (ITB) Policy ensures that Canadian industry benefits from Government defence and security procurement.
Our research helps set the stage for good policy making:
- Our foundational work in microeconomic research informs all of our policies.
- Our research in economics cover a variety of topics—from productivity to foreign direct investment.
- We gather data on SME financing in Canada in order to paint a comprehensive picture of how businesses borrow and use money.
- We collect other key statistics on small business topics so that we can provide an accurate picture of small business and entrepreneurship in Canada.
- Our Scientific Integrity Policy helps to ensure robust scientific evidence for informed decision-making.