Our contact centre is committed to serving clients in a prompt, reliable, professional and fair manner. To this end, we make the following commitments.
Notice: other programs and services with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) may have different Standards of Service to the Public.
Making information available is an important part of our business. We seek to:
- communicate in the client's official language of choice;
- provide service during regular business hours, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time), via telephone, email and other common communication channels; and
- provide information in multiple formats, such as audio, Braille and large print, to accommodate persons with disabilities.
We provide accurate, relevant and reliable information that is customized to user needs and communicated in a professional manner.
- Our contact centre responds to off-the-shelf enquiries within 24 hours. Enquiries received outside of business hours will be processed on the next business day.
- Semi-complex and complex enquiries may take five business days or more to resolve and we will notify clients of the time it will take.
How did we do in 2021-2022?
ISED sets service level standards for various criteria and monitors performance on an ongoing basis. Here are the statistics for enquiries received in 2021-2022.
|Criteria||What are we aiming for?||How did we do?||How is this measured?|
|Service available in official language of choice||100%||100%||Quality Assurance Reports|
|Accurate, relevant, reliable and professional service||90%||91%||Quality Assurance Reports|
|Handle incoming calls and chats within five minutes||90%||73%||Telephony Reports|
|24-hour response rate for "off-the-shelf" enquiries||90%||84%||Enquiry Reports|
|5-day response rate for all enquiries||90%||96%||Enquiry Reports|