File a measurement-related complaint

You may file a complaint if you think you’ve received an inaccurate measurement as part of a purchase. You should always try to resolve the issue before filing a complaint.

Measurement Canada does not:

  • negotiate any compensation
  • usually process anonymous complaints

What is the subject of your complaint?

  • Gas pumps
  • Electricity or gas meters
  • Retail food scales
  • Firewood
  • Metric units
  • Pints of draft beer
  • Other