Register to sell electricity or gas


Any person or organization wanting to sell electricity or gas (excluding gasoline) on the basis of measurement must hold a certificate of registration issued under the authority of subsection 6(2) of the Electricity and Gas Inspection Act.

Registering as a contractor

To register as a contractor, complete the Application for Certificate of Contractor Registration and return it to your local Measurement Canada office.

Issues have been reported with the use of Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. If you are using these browsers, please save the form to your computer by:

  • right clicking on the link
  • selecting “Save target as”
  • selecting the Save button

Contractor registry

Find registered electricity and gas contractors.