The call for proposals is now closed. The deadline to submit applications was January 16, 2023 at 15:00 EST.
The Contributions Program for Non-Profit Consumer and Voluntary Organizations supports organizations to produce sound, independent research to help strengthen the consumer's role in the marketplace and to impartially fulfill their mandates to represent the interests of Canadian consumers. For detailed information on the Program's assessment criteria for the 2023-25 period, please consult the Applicant's Guide.
Organizations must be incorporated as non-profit corporations in Canada. They must also show that they:
- have a governance structure which assures accountability to a membership representing the consumer interest;
- have a structure, governance and funding arrangements which do not expose them to commercial influence on their research and policy positions;
- are capable of reaching out to Canadian consumers beyond members of the organization itself;
- are competent, credible, and accountable in carrying out the projects; and
- are guided by objectives which are consistent with the objectives of the Program
The call for proposals is now closed. The deadline to submit an application was January 16, 2023 at 15:00 EST.
Recent awarded amounts and funded projects
Visit the Consumer Policy Research Database to view past research projects funded by the Program.
These service standards were updated in October 2017.