The call for proposals is now closed. The complete list of awarded amounts under the Program for 2021-23 is now available.
The Contributions Program for Non-Profit Consumer and Voluntary Organizations supports organizations to produce sound, independent research to help strengthen the consumer's role in the marketplace and to impartially fulfill their mandates to represent the interests of Canadian consumers. Detailed information on the Program's assessment criteria used for the 2021-23 period, can be found in the Applicant's Guide.
Organizations must be incorporated as non-profit corporations in Canada. They must also show that they:
- have a governance structure which assures accountability to a membership representing the consumer interest;
- have a structure, governance and funding arrangements which do not expose them to commercial influence on their research and policy positions;
- are capable of reaching out to Canadian consumers beyond members of the organization itself;
- are competent, credible, and accountable in carrying out the projects; and
- are guided by objectives which are consistent with the objectives of the Program
Recent awarded amounts and funded projects
Visit the Consumer Policy Research Database to view past research projects funded by the Program.
These service standards were updated in October 2017.