The Debtor Compliance Referral Program seeks to encourage collaboration of Licensed Insolvency Trustees (LIT) in addressing debtor non-compliance.
Objectives of the program
To protect the integrity of the insolvency system by:
- establishing an effective process to address significant debtor misconduct or abuse of the system
- supporting the need for collaboration between LITs and the OSB regarding the identification of significant debtor misconduct and the application of corrective measures
How to refer a file
LITs can refer files to the OSB and request an investigation under the Debtor Compliance Referral Program by completing the Estate Information Summary form and uploading it to the E-Filing system.
Review by the OSB
The OSB will review the file referred and determine if an investigation is required.
Results of an investigation may lead to:
- court intervention by the OSB
- sending the file back to the LIT for action
- Criminal Investigation Order
- closing the referral