After a one-year hiatus due to our focus on COVID priorities and an abundance of notices issued to Licensed Insolvency Trustees (LITs) in 2020, the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB) is pleased to inform you that a new issue of OSB News, the official newsletter of the OSB, has been published on our website.
This issue includes updates on the following:
- Review of the OSB's executive structure;
- Compliance reminders regarding LITs' duty to cooperate, and on remote assessments;
- Changes to LITs' business practice requiring the Superintendent's prior approval;
- Enhancing the usefulness of insolvency counselling sessions;
- Notices of intention and Division I proposals – Holding proposals;
- OSB and CAIRP initiatives on diversity and inclusion;
- Updates to the Bankruptcy abuse and fraud section on OSB website;
- Ontario principal residence equity exemption; and
- Unclaimed dividends or undistributed funds to OSB in a CCAA Matter.
For the full articles, please read OSB News on the OSB's website.