The Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB) has amended and published Directive No. 28R, Non-Resident Office.
The following changes were made:
- References to two directives that have been updated (Directive No. 13R6 and Directive No. 33) were replaced;
- The word “Trustee” was changed to “licensed insolvency trustee” in keeping with Directive No. 33;
- French terminology in paragraph 6 was corrected from “corporations” to “personnes morales”;
- Paragraph 4 has been amended to specify that applications for non-resident offices are made through the OSB Licence Administration Application; and
- Paragraph 5 has been removed.
The amended Directive No. 28R is now available on the OSB’s website: www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/bsf-osb.nsf/eng/br02147.html.
The OSB has also amended and published Directive No. 11R2-2020, Surplus Income, to reflect the Superintendent’s Standards for 2020. The examples in Appendix B of the directive have also been revised. The amended directive is now available on the OSB’s website: www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/bsf-osb.nsf/eng/br03249.html.