White space refers to spectrum in specific frequency bands that is not being used by other licensed radio services in certain geographic areas, thus making it potentially available to support delivery of other services such as wireless broadband Internet. White space applications are presently focused on making use of unused spectrum in over-the-air television bands.
- Framework for the Use of Certain Non-broadcasting Applications in the Television Broadcasting Bands Below 698 MHz October 2012
- Decision on the Technical and Policy Framework for White Space Devices March 2019
Technical and operational requirements
- DBS-01 — White Space Database Specifications
- RSS-222 — White Space Devices (WSDs)
- CPC-4-1-01 — Application Procedures for White Space Database Administrators (WSDBAs)