ThinkOn is a cloud services provider that puts simplicity and security at the forefront of their data management design.
Founded and headquartered in Etobicoke, Ontario, ThinkOn is dedicated to creating cloud-based data management solutions that are easy to understand, simple to deliver, and consistently safe and secure. With over 1500 businesses using their solutions worldwide and 28 data centers located around the world, including in Canada, USA, UK, the Bahamas, and Australia, ThinkOn has become one of Canada’s fastest growing companies.
The Challenge: Accessing funding and support to maintain rapid growth
ThinkOn was growing fast and looking to collaborate with government partners to maintain their momentum, but struggling for visibility in the public sector, when they connected with the Accelerated Growth Service (AGS). By cutting through the noise and identifying partnerships with tangible outcomes, AGS provided the lift ThinkOn needed to unlock their growth potential.
Since joining AGS in 2019, they have more than doubled their staff and recurring revenue and secured a Government of Canada Cloud Framework Agreement - making them one of the few cloud services providers available to Federal and provincial departments and agencies across Canada. With such significant growth over in the preceding two years, ThinkOn also landed on Deloitte’s 2021 Technology Fast 50 and Technology Fast 500, recognizing them as one of the top 50 fastest growing companies in Canada and top 500 in North America.
How we’re helping them
grow their business
Support for international expansion
Funding provided by BDC allowed ThinkOn to strengthen their international expansion efforts and focus on new product development
Support for research and development
After securing research and development funding from NRC-IRAP, ThinkOn made significant advances on their data encryption technology
Referrals to the right strategic partners
With the support of their Innovation Advisor, ThinkOn was awarded a Government of Canada Cloud Framework Agreement making their services available to all federal and provincial departments and agencies across Canada
Business support in foreign markets
Support from EDC helped facilitate ThinkOn’s expansion efforts in Europe, US, and Australia
With the support of
- National Research Council’s Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP)
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario)
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Northern Ontario (FedNor)
- Council of Canadian Innovators
- Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Business Development Canada (BDC)
- Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF)
- Innovative Solutions Canada (ISC)
- Defence Research and Development Canada (DRDC)
We're also helping
- Funding to create a new security operations center in North Bay through FedDev’s Job and Growth Fund
- Support from the regional relief and recovery fund to address pandemic challenges
- Support for new product development through BDC
Because they’re helping
to build our economy by
Think you’re AGS ready?
Get in touch
Call us, toll-free in Canada, at 1-833-201-4358 |TTY: 1-866-694-8389, or send us your details and we’ll get back to you.
Looking to find all the other ways government can help you grow, scale or take it global? Check out innovation.canada.ca to find the right supports for your business.