CIPO uses consultations and discussions to solicit feedback on changes to legislation, regulation, practice and operational issues.
The consultations are open to the public and guidelines outline the process we use when conducting these consultations.
- Public consultation on proposed amendments to the Trademarks Regulations and draft practice notices of the Trademarks Opposition Board
- Consultation on substantive patent law harmonization issues
- Public consultation on a new trademark practice notice
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office fee adjustment
Consultations older than 1 year are found in our archives.
Diagnostic Methods Working Group
- Activity report for the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO)/Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC) Diagnostic Methods Working Group