Open a deposit account
To open a CIPO deposit account:
Replenish a deposit account
You can also replenish your deposit account using your bank's bill payment service.
Note: Postdated cheques are not accepted.
Online banking instructions
To transfer funds online from your Canadian bank to your CIPO deposit account, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have a My Canada Business Account (formerly known as My ISED Account).
- Don't have an account? Visit the login page and follow the steps to create an account.
- Email our Incoming Correspondence Unit to link your CIPO username to your CIPO deposit account. Your request must include your name and/or firm's name, CIPO deposit account number and CIPO username.
- Don’t know your CIPO username? Log in to any CIPO online service. Your CIPO username will be shown at the top of the page where it says "Signed in as [username]."
- Log in to your online banking account and add CIPO as a recipient in the bill payment section. Please note CIPO might appear as Canadian Intellectual Property Office, Office de la propriété intellectuelle du Canada or a similar name.
- Use the 10-digit number available on your online statement.
- Transfer an amount of money.
Note: It can take from 1 to 3 business days for CIPO to receive the funds.
Close a deposit account
When requesting the closure of your CIPO deposit account, the request must be made on company letterhead to be accepted.
To close a deposit account, choose one of the following options: