June 28, 2023
Adoption of ANSI C63.10-2020 and C63.25.1-2018
Consultation closes Sept 6, 2023
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) is planning to adopt the following standards:
- ANSI C63.10-2020, American National Standard of Procedures for Compliance Testing of Unlicensed Wireless Devices, modified per ANSI C63.10-2020/Cor 1-2023.
- ANSI C63.25.1-2018, American National Standard, Validation Methods for Radiated Emission Test Sites, 1 GHz to 18 GHz.
The ANSI C63.10-2020+Cor.1-2023 replaces ANSI C63.10-2013, but a transition period of two years will be provided, during which time either edition may be used for demonstrating compliance with ISED requirements. After the transition period expires, new certifications shall use ANSI C63.10-2020+Cor.1-2023.
The more significant updates introduced by ANSI C63.10-2020+Cor.1-2023 include:
- Added dimension tolerances on various distance/size requirements
- Added LISN phase requirements
- Removed references to the rod antenna, since it was not accepted by regulatory agencies
- Referring to ANSI C63.25.1 for site validation within 1 – 18 GHz
- Added frequency modulated continuous wave (FMCW) emission measurement guidance
- Added test methods for whitespace devices
- Added test methods for wireless power transfer devices classified as radio apparatus
No transition period will be provided for ANSI C63.25.1-2018 because this standard includes the existing site voltage standing wave ratio (SVSWR) method while adding the alternative time-domain (TD) method of site validation. Test labs may continue using the SVSWR method, as before, or start using the new TD-SVSWR method.
Comments related to these adoptions may be submitted before September 6, 2023, at firstname.lastname@example.org.