The Hub is an inter-departmental initiative, made up of 17 federal government departments and agencies that support clean tech innovation. We act as the Government of Canada's coordinating centre for federal clean tech activities and a one-stop shop for information about funding and services for clean tech initiatives.
Clean technology is any process, product or service that reduces environmental impacts through:
- Environmental protection activities that prevent, reduce or eliminate pollution or any other degradation of the environment.
- Resource management activities that result in the more efficient use of natural resources, thus safeguarding against their depletion.
- The use of goods that have been adapted to be significantly less energy or resource intensive than the industry standard.
(Source: Statistics Canada)
Participating departments and agencies
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Canadian Commercial Corporation
- Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Export Development Canada
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Global Affairs Canada
- Indigenous Services Canada
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (co-chair)
- National Research Council Canada
- Natural Resources Canada (co-chair)
- Standards Council of Canada
- Sustainable Development Technology Canada
- Transport Canada
- Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Employment and Social Development Canada
How we help
We help clean tech innovators and adopters advance their projects through specialized resources,asterix* including:
- an online inventory of clean tech-focused funding programs, services and opportunities;
- resources and tools to help plan and access support for clean tech projects; and
- no-cost advisory services to help connect clean tech initiatives with appropriate federal supports.
asterix* The Clean Growth Hub does not provide project funding.
Behind the scenes, the Hub also supports clean tech innovation by:
- enhancing federal clean tech program coordination; and
- supporting data collection and analysis from federal clean tech programs, as part of the federal Clean Technology Data Strategy.
The Clean Growth Hub has a positive impact on clients from diverse sectors that are helping to drive Canada's transition to an inclusive and resilient clean growth economy.
The Clean Growth Hub has developed a Reconciliation, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Action Plan to ensure the Hub is an inclusive and diverse organization that is able to serve all clean technology stakeholders. The plan includes objectives and concrete actions that will have an impact on our staffing actions, our work culture and most importantly, on who we serve and how.
- 2,300+ clients served (January 2022)
- 75% client satisfaction rate
- Government contacts facilitated for 75% of clients
I found the Clean Growth Hub to be a massive help to my team while we navigated the complex system of federal and provincial funding programs for a novel project of ours. The officers we worked with were patient, knowledgeable and extremely detailed in their emails. They took the time to meet with me virtually, then provided a long list with hyperlinks to various programs that are a good fit for our particular project. Our team really appreciates this program, and I have pointed other industry members in their direction.
Saltworks is fortunate to have known the Clean Growth Hub for several years. Through our relationship with them, we've been introduced to key figures in Canada's technology business sector and learned about new funding opportunities that have helped us commercialize our innovative clean technology. We look forward to working with the Clean Growth Hub as we continue to grow!
The Clean Growth Hub provides an excellent demonstration of the processes needed to manage horizontal issues on public policy. As a facilitator of dialogue between clean tech companies and departments, agencies and foundations of the Government of Canada (GoC), the Hub provides a locus and focus for more effective and efficient communication. Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) typically do not have the resources needed to track policy and program development and evolution of the GoC. The Hub fills this information gap with timely, relevant information.
Miru Smart Technologies
The Government of Canada has many departments and agencies that collectively provide a wealth of resources and funding for clean tech start-ups. The Clean Growth Hub plays an important role because it helps companies like Miru navigate this expansive ecosystem and identify which specific programs are the best fit for their particular goals.
We would love to hear from you. If you have questions or feedback about our services, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to providing prompt, reliable, professional and fair services and will do our best to get back to you within five business days. Learn about our service standards.
If you would like advice on federal support for your clean tech project, please consult the Advisory services section and fill out a service request form.