When incorporating, you create a new legal entity called a corporation. In Canada, a corporation has the same rights as a person.
Benefits of incorporating
Federal incorporation offers many benefits, including
- the right to use your name across Canada
- limited liability
- lower corporate tax rates
- better access to capital and grants.
Eligibility detailsAny business and not-for-profit operating in Canada can incorporate federally.
What you need before you start
Before you incorporate, read about
- Businesses: Benefits of incorporating
- Not-for-profits: Creating a not-for-profit corporation.
How much it costs
Federal incorporation costs:
- $200 (online)