The Aerospace Regional Recovery Initiative (ARRI) is a national program that will provide $250 million over three years to help the Canadian aerospace sector emerge from the pandemic and continue to compete on the global stage.
Businesses operating in the aerospace industry, and the organizations that support them through supply chains, are eligible to apply for funding for projects that will:
- help them green their operations and adopt environmentally sustainable practices;
- improve productivity and strengthen commercialization; and/or
- strengthen integration into regional and global supply chains.
The ARRI complements support for the aerospace industry provided through Canada's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan and by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) through the Strategic Innovation Fund.
Contributions to SMEs are generally repayable or conditionally repayable. Most contributions to not-for-profit organizations, including not-for-profit Indigenous organizations, will be non-repayable.
Priority will be given to projects that contribute to at least one of the following:
- Transitioning toward greener products and operations or environmentally sustainable practices
- Generating important economic benefits and promoting business development in regions, while improving the resilience and international competitiveness of the aerospace sector
- Improving diversity and inclusion to address barriers faced by certain groups
- Supporting digital adoption by the aerospace industry and enhanced cybersecurity
Indigenous applicants and organizations that support them may be eligible to receive program funding of up to 100% of eligible program costs.
To find out if your organization qualifies for ARRI funding and to apply, visit your regional development agency's web page:
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
For eligible applicants in Atlantic Canada
Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
For eligible applicants in Quebec
Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario)
For eligible applicants in Southern Ontario
Federal Economic Development Agency for Northern Ontario (FedNor)
For eligible applicants in Northern Ontario
Prairies Economic Development Canada (PrairiesCan)
For eligible applicants in the Prairie Provinces
Pacific Economic Development Canada (PacifiCan)
For eligible applicants in British Columbia
Additional funding support
The ARRI is part of a broader COVID-19 support package for the aerospace sector in Canada. Other funding programs include:
Regional Air Transportation Initiative (RATI)
Airports Capital Assistance Program (ACAP)
Airport Relief Fund (ARF)
Airport Critical Infrastructure Program (ACIP)
Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF)