The Jobs and Growth Fund (JGF) is a $700-million federal program to support regional job creation and position local economies for long-term growth. This includes up to $70 million dedicated to businesses created after January 2020 that meet the eligibility criteria.
The fund will help job creators and the organizations that support them future-proof their businesses, build resiliency and prepare for growth by:
- supporting the transition to a green economy
- fostering an inclusive recovery
- enhancing Canada's competitiveness through digital adoption to improve productivity and manufacturing processes
- strengthening capacity in sectors critical to Canada's recovery and growth
- Eligible businesses could receive interest-free, repayable contributions for up to 50% of authorized costs.
- Eligible not-for-profit organizations could receive non-repayable contributions for up to 90% of authorized costs.
Indigenous-led organizations and/or businesses are strongly encouraged to apply. Under the initiative, RDAs may contribute up to 100 percent of eligible project costs for projects with Indigenous clients.
To find out if your organization qualifies for JGF funding and to apply, visit your regional development agency's web page:
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
For eligible applicants in Atlantic Canada
Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
For eligible applicants in Quebec
Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
For eligible applicants in Canada's three territories
Federal Economic Development Agency for Northern Ontario (FedNor)
For eligible applicants in Northern Ontario
Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario)
For eligible applicants in Southern Ontario
Prairies Economic Development Canada (PrairiesCan)
For eligible applicants in the Prairie provinces
Pacific Economic Development Canada (PacifiCan)
For eligible applicants in British Columbia