Mobile phone and home Internet services are a necessity. The Government of Canada is working to ensure that telecommunications services are, innovative, competitive, and – most crucially – affordable. The tools and resources below can help you make informed decisions to find the services that are right for your needs and budget.
- Canadians to benefit from more competition, better coverage and higher-quality telecom services
- Statement from Minister Champagne concerning competition in the telecommunication sector
- Government of Canada continues to deliver on more affordable telecom services
- CRTC launches review of approach to Internet services competition and lowers some wholesale rates effectively immediately
- Minister Champagne announces final direction to the CRTC placing affordability and consumer rights at the forefront of its future decisions
Services and information
See how telecom prices are changing.
Learn how to make a complaint about your mobile phone services.
Learn how to cancel services, switch service providers and keep your number.
Compare prices and plans in your coverage area.
Your consumer rights and the rules your provider must follow under the Wireless Code.
Learn about the new direction to improve competition and support consumers.
Helping to connect hundreds of thousands of low-income families and seniors to affordable high-speed Internet.