Mobile phone and home Internet services are a necessity. The Government of Canada is working to ensure that telecommunications services are, innovative, competitive, and – most crucially – affordable. The tools and resources below can help you make informed decisions to find the services that are right for your needs and budget.
- Government of Canada continues to deliver on more affordable telecom services
- CRTC launches review of approach to Internet services competition and lowers some wholesale rates effectively immediately
- Minister Champagne announces final direction to the CRTC placing affordability and consumer rights at the forefront of its future decisions
- Statement from Minister Champagne on competitiveness in the telecommunications sector
- Government of Canada announces spectrum auction rules supporting high-quality and affordable wireless services
Services and information
Telecom price tracking
See how telecom prices are changing.
Make a complaint
Learn how to make a complaint about your mobile phone services.
Switch providers and keep your number
Learn how to cancel services, switch service providers and keep your number.
Compare mobile phone and Internet plans
Compare prices and plans in your coverage area.
Your consumer rights
Your consumer rights and the rules your provider must follow under the Wireless Code.
Policy direction to the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
Learn about the new direction to improve competition and support consumers.
Helping to connect hundreds of thousands of low-income families and seniors to affordable high-speed Internet.