To coordinate a Government of Canada–wide approach, the Centre for Rural Economic Development at Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED):
- works with other federal departments and agencies to help ensure that the needs and realities of rural Canadians are taken into account early on in the development of Government of Canada policies and programs;
- provides rural stakeholders with information, tools, and advice about federal supports that may be available to them; and
- engages with rural Canadians, academia, industry and community associations, and other rural stakeholders to gather ideas on how we can improve the way we deliver programs to better meet the needs of rural Canadians.
- Centre for Rural Economic Development
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
235 Queen Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0H5
Based in rural communities across Canada, our rural advisors work with regional partners to:
- raise awareness of current federal programming and support available to rural Canadians;
- facilitate access to the respective federal departments and agencies offering that programming and support;
- engage with rural communities, industries, academia, thought leaders and rural partners; and
- identify emerging and critical issues that are directly and indirectly affecting economic growth within rural Canada.
As they gather a variety of perspectives on the challenges and opportunities facing rural Canada, our rural advisors work to ensure that this information is shared with the right people at the right time, which ultimately helps inform policy and program design at ISED and across the federal government as a whole.
Ready to get in touch?
Contact your regional rural advisor:
Rural Advisor for Ontario
Rural Advisor for Manitoba and Nunavut
Rural Advisor for Saskatchewan, Alberta and Northwest Territories
Rural Advisor for British Columbia and Yukon