February 11, 2021
Publication of RSP-102 (Issue 1) and amendments to RSS-GEN (Issue 5) amd. 2 and ICES-GEN (Issue 1) amd. 1
Notice is hereby given that Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) has published the following procedure and amended the subsequent standards:
- Radio Standards Procedure RSP-102 (Issue 1) Special Authorization Procedure for Terminal, Radio, Broadcasting and Interference-Causing Equipment to be Certified, Registered or Deemed in Compliance With Technical Equipment Standards
- Radio Standards Specification RSS-Gen (Issue 5), amendment 2 General Requirements for Compliance of Radio Apparatus
- Interference-Causing Equipment Standards ICES-Gen (Issue 1), amendment 1 General Requirements for Compliance of Interference-Causing Equipment
RSP-102 outlines the procedure used by ISED to assess a special authorization request related to a specific product (i.e. model number) that would allow a deviation from the requirements set out in one or more of the following ISED technical equipment standards:
- Broadcasting Equipment Technical Standards (BETS)
- Compliance Specification for Terminal Equipment, Terminal Systems, Network Protection Devices, Connection - Arrangements and Hearing Aids Compatibility (CS-03)
- Interference-Causing Equipment Standards (ICES)
- Radio Standards Specifications (RSS).
The Radio Standards Procedures list will be amended accordingly.
Comments and suggestions for improving this standard and/or specification may be submitted online, using the Standard Change Request form.
Copies of this notice and of documents referred to herein are available electronically on the Spectrum Management and Telecommunications Web site.
Manager, Telecom Equipment Regulatory Requirements,
Engineering, Planning and Standards Branch
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada