Terminal Equipment is required to be certified to meet minimum technical requirements in accordance with the provisions of the CRTC decisions, departmental standards and to full fill the policy objectives of the Telecommunications Act. Compliance with minimum technical requirement also prevents harm to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) and is essential to allow competitively supplied terminal equipment to be connected to the PSTN .
See Terminal Attachment Program Advisory Committee (TAPAC)
- Equipment Registration
- List of common used documents for terminal equipment registration.
- Method of connection to the network
- List of connectors used to connect to the telecom network.
- Network Interfaces
- List of terminal network interfaces.
- Equipment categories
- List of terminal equipment categories.