Co-operative businesses have an important economic role to play in generating jobs and growth in communities across Canada. Existing in every sector of the economy, co-operatives provide needed infrastructure, goods and services to Canadians. In 2019, Canadian co-operatives generated $53.0 billion in total revenue, held $45.6 billion in total assets, employed 104,040 people, and paid $2.5 billion in salaries and wages.
- Information Guide on Co-operatives
Everything you need to know about co-operatives, types of cooperatives and other frequently asked questions.
- Creating and maintaining a co-operative
Creating, operating and making changes to a cooperative in Canada.
- Kinds of co-operatives
Examples and the differences between the various kinds of co-operatives.
- Research data and reports about co-operatives in Canada
Top 50 Canadian co-operatives, annual reports and more.
In the news
- April 5, 2019: Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada releases report on M-100 consultations
- April 5, 2018: Federal government committed to important role of co-operatives in Canada
- Canadian Co-operatives, 2016-2019
- SME Profile: Financing and Growth of Co-operatives in Canada, 2017
- New Incorporations of Non-Financial Co-operatives, 2009–2019
- What we heard: Motion-100 consultations
- Co-operatives in Canada 2015