Instructions for Form 3003 – Change of address of registered office

You are providing information required by the Canada Cooperatives Act (Coop Act). Note that both the Coop Act and the Privacy Act allow this information to be disclosed to the public. It will be stored in personal information bank number IC/PPU-049.

In accordance with section 30(4) of the Coop Act, Form 3003 — Change of address of registered office (PDF Version, 120 KB) must be filed within 15 days after any change of address of the registered office.

On this page

Instructions for all items

Item 1: Name of the cooperative

Indicate the name of the cooperative. You can verify the exact name of the cooperative in its articles and in Search for a Federal Corporation.

Item 2: Cooperative number

Indicate the cooperative number. You will verify the cooperative number on your certificate of incorporation, amalgamation or continuance and in Search for a Federal Corporation.

Item 3: Complete address of the registered office

This is where you must keep your corporate records and where official documents will be served on the cooperative. Choose an address where you will be sure to receive any documents that are sent there since, legally, they will be assumed to have been received by the cooperative.

Indicate the street name and number, city, province or territory, and postal code of the registered office.

Ensure that the address:

  • is not a post office box
  • is located within the municipality and province or territory as indicated in the articles of the cooperative.


The registered office address, even if it is also a residential address, is corporate information that is public (see Public disclosure of corporate information) and will be published in Search for a Federal Corporation.

Item 4: Declaration

This form must be signed by an individual who has relevant knowledge of the corporative and who is authorized by the directors. This includes:

  • a director of the cooperative
  • an authorized officer of the cooperative
  • an authorized agent.

Print the name and indicate the telephone number of the signatory.

Additional address

Indicate the additional address, if any.

If you want correspondence from Corporations Canada to be sent to a different mailing address (other than the registered office address), you can provide an additional address. An additional address is only useful if the cooperative wants another organization, such as a law firm, to receive documents on its behalf.

Sending the document

Cooperative applications must be filed by email or mail (see How to file and pay for an application).