Corporations Canada is pleased to announce that director information for federal corporations is now available on the API Store. To access the director information, you will need to login or create an account.
Once logged in, you can find the dataset under "Federal Corporation API" in the API listing. To use it, you must provide an existing corporation number or 9-digit business number. The API offers real time data.
About the Federal Corporation API
The Corporations Canada Federal Corporation API allows you to get information about the following types of federal corporations:
- business corporations created under the Canada Business Corporations Act (CBCA)
- not-for-profit corporations created under the Canada Corporations Act, Part II (CCA II)
- not-for-profit corporations created under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (NFP Act)
- cooperatives created under the Canada Cooperatives Act (Coop Act)
- boards of trade created under the Boards of Trade Act (BOTA)
- other corporations regulated by Corporations Canada (e.g., Special Act corporation)
The API does not include information about corporations created under financial legislation (such as financial institutions, insurance companies or loan and trust companies) or those created under provincial, territorial or other corporate legislation.
About the API Store
The API Store is the Government of Canada's one-stop shop for Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). The APIs provide a wealth of government data and information that can be used to build new applications and services for Canadians.