The Pathway to Commercialization gives small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) the opportunity to sell their innovation directly to the Government of Canada.
Through the Pathway to commercialization under ISC's testing stream, eligible SMEs can receive commercial contracts based on the successful testing and market-readiness of their innovation It is important to note that this pathway will only be available to eligible Canadian SMEs, which represent over 97% of all businesses in Canada, a percentage that mirrors past participation in the program.
How will it work?
- Once your initial ISC testing stream contract is completed, you may be eligible for the Pathway to Commercialization if your innovation is market-ready at technology readiness level (TRL) 9
- You will have up to 12 months to be assessed against eligibility criteria to determine if you will be placed on a Pathway to Commercialization source list where government departments can browse and purchase your successfully-tested innovations for up to three years
- Only available to eligible Canadian SMEs as per the small business set-aside
- Innovators must apply within twelve (12) months of original testing stream contract completion
- Resubmission on the basis of a failed application is not permitted
- Qualified innovations will be available for up to a period of three years
- Contracts under this procurement vehicle will each have a limit of up to $8M funded by the interested department and;
- No limit on the number of contracts within qualified time period
- Note long-term, in-service support contracts are not permitted and will be rejected
- You must be selling the same innovation from your initial testing stream contract
- Once an innovator applies and successfully enters the pathway, the innovator will no longer be eligible for additional sales testing contracts
- The requirements for commercial contracts will reflect the operational needs of client departments
- The contracting process will be managed by Public Services and Procurement Canada, the program's contracting authority
How will SMEs be assessed?
A number of criteria will be used as part of the assessment process, including:
- Financial capacity
- Technology readiness
- IP strategy
- Company size
- Innovation test performance
Ready to take your innovation to the next level? Fill out and send the completed submission form to TPSGC.PASICVoletessai-APISCTestingStream.PWGSC@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca.
Eligible innovations for purchase
|Expiration date||Company Name||Innovation||Description||City/
|2026-03-01||Zighra Inc.||SilentEdge||SilentEdge is a digital identity software solution that enables simple, secure passwordless access to both digital and physical systems, and features the world's first patented FIDO certified behavioural biometric technology. SilentEdge supports a true zero-trust journey in a wide array of use cases, replacing legacy approaches such as access cards, one-time passcodes, and traditional MFA. Harnessing the power of sensors and advanced machine learning at the network edge, SilentEdge provides continuous multi-factor authentication (CMFA) that tightly yet easily secures identity, credentials, and dynamic, fine-grained access management (ICAM).||Ottawa, ON||Standard||Digital||TS1|
|2026-01-30||OVA Gestion Conseil Inc.||AuraX||AuraX is part of OVA's Virtual, Mixed, and Augmented Reality software suite that empowers those taking part in training activities, design reviews, remote collaboration, maintenance & engineering changes, and other digital twin operations. Creating immersive content is accessible to all given that use of OVA's tools require no programming expertise. This content can be experienced remotely by several people simultaneously across both desktop computer and extended-reality headsets. The software architecture will complement your existing toolset and the OVA team is eager to support you through the entire process.||Quebec, QC||Military||Training and In-service support||TS1|
|2026-01-05||Niricson Software Inc.||AUTOSPEX™||Niricson's AUTOSPEX™ is a condition assessment as a service for civil asset owners across Canada. The solution combines 1mm/pixel resolution imagery, thermal imagery, and proprietary Unmanned Aerial-Vehicle equipped acoustic data to map and quantify cracks, spalls, and delamination in concrete structures (i.e. bridges, runways, dams, locks, and other concrete structures). Compared to rope access inspection solutions, Niricson's solution is safer, is digitized, and enables asset owners to track deterioration in their assets over time.||Vancouver, BC||Standard||Safety and Security||TS1|
|2025-07-29||IMRSV Data Labs Inc.||ANVIL Foundations||The proposed solution is a workflow tool for intelligence analysts. It provides an open standard for the integration of best-in-breed machine learning models from any vendor to process and enrich unstructured data for analysts either as a standalone IPT or by augmenting an existing IPT. The innovation addresses challenges faced by the defence community with fully-networked command, communications and control for targeting regarding data interactivity, data ownership, and AI model ownership.||Ottawa, Ontario||Military||Safety and Security||TS1|
|2025-07-29||Kraken Robotics Inc.||OceanVision||OceanVision™ provides an end-to-end digitalization service, offering advanced sensors, robots and data analytics as a turnkey service for imaging and mapping of the seafloor as well as seabed assets and infrastructure. The high fidelity data collected by OceanVision™ is an absolute requirement for coherent input to machine learning algorithms. Kraken will build, own and operate the sensors and drones; will run the missions; and will analyze the data for their customers.||Mount Pearl, NL||Military||Safety and Security||TS1|
|2025-09-26||Spexi Geospatial Inc.||Scalable RPAS Deployment & Training||Spexi is an end-to-end drone photogrammetry platform that delivers accurate user-defined products on any scale. High-resolution imagery and geospatial products can be shared with a quality guarantee & cost-effective pricing. Training on drone operations & image capture while also offering a Canada-wide network of advanced pilots is included. Our expertise in standardizing customers' processes ensures usable, high accuracy, high compliance, analytics & data are captured and delivered efficiently.||Delta, BC||Standard||Safety and Security||TS1|
|2025-10-27||Trident Pump Inc.||The Trident System||At Trident Pump Inc. we have transformed large heavy diesel water pumping systems into lightweight, versatile, rapidly deployable high volume, high head pumping systems. Our pumps are designed handle water, salt water and fuel. They don't require 3rd party equipment such as pickers or hoes to lift. This is an All In One, community protection system with the Trident and hose deployer mounted on 6x6's, with 1.8KM of 4" layflat, 30,000 Lb trailer and all attachments!||Athabasca, AB||Standard||Clean technology||TS1|
|2025-12-15||Rockport Networks Inc.||Rockport FOB||The Rockport Networks technology is an alternative to Infiniband networking used in AI, high-performance computing (HPC) and virtualized computing clusters. Rockport replaces top of rack switches with a mesh-like topology which dramatically decreases complexity of installation and operation, decreases energy consumption, improves security and creates network redundancy. Rockport is built with industry standard software drivers and requires no changes to applications, libraries, or operating systems. The network can scale to over 1500 server-nodes. In the future Rockport will use the same fabric to support composable disaggregated infrastructure (CDI).||Kanata, Ontario||Military||Fully Networked Command, Communications, and Control||TS1|
All direct buy contracts will be issued in accordance with the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat (TBS) Contracting Policy and the following framework:
- Funding: Direct buy contracts will be funded by a Government of Canada Organization interested in purchasing an innovation from the source list
- Maximum Contract dollar value: The Contract dollar value must not exceed the following limit (Applicable Taxes, shipping and Travel and Living expenses are extra, as applicable):
- Standard Component and Military Component: $8 million
- Eligible Innovations: Innovations eligible for the Pathway to Commercialization (PTC) must be the same or an improved version of the same Innovation as tested under the initial ISC Stream. Government of Canada organizations must attest that the requirement is for the same or an improved version of the same innovation and retain the attestation on file. The SC Division can assist in this assessment
- Duration of direct buy contracts: The contract duration will be determined on a case by case basis depending on various circumstances, such as manufacturing lead times, applicable security requirements etc.
- Canada reserves the right to reject long-term, in service support contracts within this framework.
- Contracting authority: Public Services and Procurement Canada will be the contracting authority responsible for issuing and managing all contracts under the PTC.
- Required documents: The interested Government of Canada Organization will be responsible for completing the following:
- A properly funded Requisition for Goods and Services or Construction (form 9200);
- A Statement of Work (SOW) including performance metrics; and
- A Security Requirement Check List (SRCL), if applicable
Government of Canada Organizations representatives must determine if there will be any applicable security requirements. The Security Requirement Checklist form is available on the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat website.
- Terms and conditions: Direct buy contracts for Innovations will be aligned with government commodity-specific terms and conditions.
- Price Assessment: Canada reserves the right to consult Cost Analysis experts to determine fair value to Canada and reasonable price in the negotiation of the Contract.
- Advance Contract Award Notice (ACAN) OR Compete: Canada reserves the right to publish an ACAN for any direct buy contract. Canada may choose to conduct a competitive process for any requirement in the event Canada determines that the same or similar solution or innovation exists in the marketplace.
Process to initiate a direct buy contract
Interested Government of Canada Organizations must submit the required documents by email to the PSPC Central Allocation Unit: email@example.com with the subject line "Research and Development Procurement Directorate (SC Division)".
Note that SC Division must receive all required documentation a minimum of 60 business days prior to the PTC eligibility expiry date in order to guarantee it being processed on time.