You need to have a My ISED Account and to be signed into the Online Filing Centre to access these tools. Registered intermediaries will only be able to manage resubmissions and saved requests for the time being.
We are committed to providing you with secure services that help you better manage your filings. New access management tools, Quick links, are now available for your corporation on the Online Filing Centre. These tools give you more freedom and more control to see who is currently filing documents, and decide who will be able to file on the corporation’s behalf moving forward.
The Quick links box at the top right-hand side of the Online Filing Centre is designed to help you quickly access useful tools for a corporation, such as:
- Manage resubmissions and saved requests: With a new look and feel, this tool makes it easier to manage a corporation's resubmissions and saved requests.
- Manage access and permissions: This dashboard is the place to manage a corporation's members' access and permissions.
- Manage corporations: This tool allows you to search for a corporation you have the authorization to file for, link it to your My ISED Account with a corporation key and remove it (unlink).
- Assign a full access manager: This tool allows you to assign the first full access manager role to someone inside or outside of an organization with a corporation key.
Corporation access roles
A filing collaborator is a user who files transactions on behalf of a corporation (also known as a self-filer). A self-filer needs to have the corporation key or needs to be given permission to file by the full access manager. They can remove their own access from a corporation, and can also make themselves a filing collaborator again by using the corporation key to link to the corporation.
Full access manager
A full access manager is a user, a director or an authorized agent, such as an officer within the corporation, who is responsible for managing the access and permissions for that corporation. A user in this role is a self-filer who can add, remove, promote or demote an individual's or a registered intermediary (RI) organization's access to file on behalf of a corporation.
How to link a My ISED Account to a corporation
A corporation key will eventually become mandatory to file an annual return for businesses incorporated under the Canada Business Corporations Act (CBCA).
Linking a My ISED Account to a corporation allows you to file more easily without using your corporation key every time. Once linked, you will no longer need to enter your corporation key!
For existing corporations
You can link to your corporation in 3 ways using your corporation key:
- Through the “Manage corporations” Quick link
- Filing a transaction that requires the use of a corporation key
- Through the “Manage access and permissions” Quick link (only if the corporation has a full access manager)
For new incorporations
You can link to your corporation through one of these 3 services on the Online Filing Centre:
- Continuance import
The linking step is part of these services’ process.