No matter where you live, access to reliable, affordable high-speed Internet is essential. Connecting with loved ones, operating a business, working remotely and accessing vital services, like health care and education, requires a fast, dependable Internet connection. That is why the Government of Canada is connecting 98% of Canadians to high-speed Internet by 2026 and 100% of Canadians by 2030.
Track progress in your area
So far, more than 90% of Canadian households are connected to high-speed Internet.Footnote 1 Track progress in your area using our interactive progress dashboard.
Learn more about our progress toward connecting all Canadians to high-speed Internet.
- Find out which Internet services are available in your area using the National Broadband Internet Service Availability Map
- Learn about our high-speed Internet funding programs
If you are a resident or community leader
If you are an Internet service provider
Latest connectivity news
- Statement from Minister Hutchings on the Auditor General of Canada's report on rural and remote connectivity
- Government of Canada reports on progress in connecting all Canadians to high-speed Internet, highlights online tool
2023-03-22– News release
- Government of Canada continues to accelerate progress on connecting all Canadians to high-speed Internet
2022-12-30 – News release
More: Archived news
Strategies for connecting Canadians
- Canada's Connectivity Strategy
- Canada's Digital Charter
- Canada's Economic Development Strategy for Rural Canada
- Investing in Canada Plan
More affordable telecom services
- Access resources to help you find more affordable telecom services, including mobile phone plans
- Learn about Connecting Families, our Internet affordability initiative