More information on identity and access management
For Corporations Canada, the security of your information is top of mind, at all times. The following security measures are intended to add a level of protection to your personal and corporate information.
How to verify your identity
Verifying your identity creates greater confidence between you and our services. We recommend that you verify your identity through your ISED Account. If you choose not to verify it, you might be restricted in what you can do online. The good news is that the verification only needs to be done once!
Follow these quick steps to verify your identity through your ISED Account. Please note that there is no cost associated with the verification of your identity.
- To access your ISED Account, visit the Online Filing Centre and click on Sign in at the top right of the screen or click on Continue to sign-in at the bottom right of your screen.
- In the top right corner of your screen, click on your name.
- In the Profile box, select Update.
- Under the yellow exclamation mark, click on Get started to verify your identity.
- Verify your identity by selecting one of the verification options.
- Once your identity is verified, your ISED Account will automatically be updated.
The next time you log into your account, you will see a checkmark next to your name and on the profile box icon.
My ISED Account
My ISED Account is a security measure implemented by Corporations Canada and Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED). Corporations Canada requires you to be signed in with your ISED Account to file many of our transactions in the Online Filing Centre.
Transactions on the Online Filing Centre that do not require a sign-in
You may access the following services without being logged into the Online Filing Centre:
- Order uncertified copies
- Get a certificate of compliance
- Get a certificate of existence
- Subscribe to email notices
- Order a corporate profile
If you don't have an account, you will be prompted to create one on your first attempt to submit a transaction in the Online Filing Centre. You do not need a corporation key to sign into your ISED Account. However, you will need the corporation key for each individual corporation to file certain transactions with Corporations Canada. You will be prompted to enter it when necessary, so keep it handy.
As a registered intermediary, you must also sign into your ISED Account in order to access services. The unique corporation key of each corporation is required in order to file certain requests. Learn more on Being a registered intermediary.
To find out how you or your client can obtain the corporation key for a federal corporation, visit Corporation key
Once you are signed in, if you don't have access to the RI features, contact us.
How to create a My ISED Account
Follow these quick steps to set up your ISED Account and start filing with Corporations Canada today.
- To register for your ISED Account, visit the Online Filing Centre and select Sign in at the top right of the screen or click on Continue to sign-in at the bottom right of your screen.
Log in with your GCKey or with a Sign-In Partner.
To create your account, you can use one of the 2 following options.
GCKey is a simple way to securely access Government of Canada online services. Your GCKey can be used to access multiple Government of Canada Enabled Services . For more information, visit GCKey – FAQ.
If you choose this option, sign in with your GCKey username and password. If you do not have a GCKey account, you must create one by providing a username, a password and password recovery questions.
You can access government services by using your online banking credentials or a Sign-In Partner participating in the Interac® sign-in service.
If you choose this option, sign in using your chosen Sign-In Partner. You will temporarily go to your Sign-In Partner's site. Once you are signed in, you will be redirected back to the service you initially selected. Your Sign-In Partner will not know which government service you are using.
Use of your data
None of your banking or personally identifiable information (for ex., financial, banking) will be shared with the government services you are accessing, ISED or Corporations Canada.
- Provide your contact information (make sure you don't use auto-fill settings).
To complete your ISED Account, you will be asked to enter your personal information, including:
- first and last name
- email address
- phone number
- Make sure your email address is correct and select Create my account and send me a verification email.
- Check your inbox for a verification email from ISED and click the link in the email before it expires.
- You will be redirected to the Online Filing Centre.
- You now have an ISED Account giving you access to the Online Filing Centre services. Happy filing!
- The next time you log in, you will be prompted to update your 2-Step Verification settings.
The 2-Step Verification is a mandatory enhanced identity verification security feature that was implemented in all ISED login services. When you are prompted to proceed to the 2-Step Verification, you can choose one of the following options:
- authentication application
- voice or text message
- email message
You can change the authentication method by clicking on the name in the profile and selecting Update in the Security box. Learn more about 2-Step Verification.
All personal information created, held or collected by this department is protected under the Privacy Act. This means that you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information. You will be asked for your consent where appropriate. Read the full notice.
- Date Modified: