The Directorate of Regulatory Standards (DRS) of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada develops technical standards, regulations and procedures for radio, terminal and interference-causing equipment in Canada
Our goal is to raise awareness and educate on the regulatory framework to help align product design and development to foster quicker access to the Canadian market and ensure compliance with technical equipment regulations.
- Equipment Standards and Certification Overview
- Provides an overview of the equipment standards program
- Radio Standards Specifications
- Information on standards applicable to licensed and license-exempt radiocommunication equipment.
- Interference-Causing Equipment Standards
- Information on standards applicable to interference causing equipment.
- Terminal Equipment – Technical Specification List
- Provides minimum technical requirements for the registration of terminal equipment, terminal systems, network protection devices and associated connection arrangements.
- General Inquiries Form
- This form ensures proper tracking of any questions related to equipment conformity related standards or procedures.
- Standard Change Request Form
- This form ensures proper tracking and understanding of the issues requiring a change to our standards or procedures.
- Special Authorization Form
- This form is used for special authorization procedures.
- Common Q&A's
- Answers to questions that may be of interest to you.