Everything you need to create and operate a board of trade.
Stay connected to all news-related content like updates on regulatory amendments, policies, consultations and service standards.
Incorporate your board of trade
How to create and register a board of trade under the Board of Trade Act.
By-laws set out the rules for governing and operating your corporation.
Our application process and what you can do after your filing.
Maintain your board of trade
Find out how to keep your board of trade in good standing.
File your annual summary must be filed between March 31 and June 1 each year.
Create and change your corporation’s by-laws as required under the Boards of Trade Act.
Find out how to file and pay for your board of trade application.
Find forms that you may need for you board of trade.
Make changes to your board of trade
All you need to know to make changes to a board of trade after it has been registered.
Resolution to change the by-laws
- Certified copy template of a member’s resolution to approve a by-law change.
Change the name
- Petition template to change the name under section 39 of the Boards of Trade Act.
- Certified copy template of a member’s resolution to approve a change of name.
Change the district
- Petition template to change the district under section 4 of the Boards of Trade Act.
- Certified copy template of a member’s resolution to approve a change of district.
Close your board of trade
Use this petition template to dissolve a board of trade under section 43 of the Boards of Trade Act.
Use this certified copy template of a member’s resolution to authorize an application for dissolution.
Use this model of a statutory declaration to request dissolution under section 43 of the Boards of Trade Act.
- Description of the district and the map
- Instructions – Certificate of formation and memorandum of agreement
- Overlapping districts