Helping Canadian businesses go further, faster.
Helping Canadian businesses go further, faster.
When innovative Canadian firms act as anchors in their communities, they foster entrepreneurship, build networks, create jobs and are catalysts to economic development. The Government of Canada is taking the next step to help Canada’s next anchor firms continue to grow – here at home, and around the world.
The Government of Canada has launched the Global Hypergrowth Project (GHP), a new scale-up service that will support growth in jobs, exports, R&D and new IP creation. This project will bring together the combined strength of its government partners to help tailor support to each participating company's specific needs, offering solutions that are as unique as the companies themselves.
Learn more about the Global Hypergrowth Project and the type of support selected firms will receive.
Learn more about the eligibility criteria and the 5-step selection process.
Thank you to the companies who have applied.
As of October 11, 2022 we are no longer accepting applications or referrals for this cohort. Please check back for future opportunities that may be available, and to learn more about the companies that are selected and how they are leveraging the support provided.
Together, the Global Hypergrowth Project and its extended family of partners will work hard to help companies rooted in Canada grow from here.
Canada wins when cutting-edge companies keep operations, profits and jobs, here at home. And when they scale up around the world, they signal that Canada is open for business. With the Global Hypergrowth Project, we're doubling down on Canada's most promising firms, to help them scale up, from here. I look forward to seeing the recommendations from this outstanding group of Canadian business leaders, to advance economic growth, deliver good local jobs, and support the best and brightest Canada has to offer.
The Selection Panel will work together, under the purview of the Deputy Minister, to review prospective GHP companies against a set of comprehensive market-driven criteria that demonstrate how the company is operating sustainably by managing risks and opportunities related to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) criteria. Upon completion of review, the Selection Panel will submit a list of recommended firms, and the Deputy Minister will make a final decision.
Selection Panel ex‑officio members:
- David Lisk, Vice-President of the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP)
GHP leverages a broad group of public and private sector partners across Canada, including:
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC)
- Department of National Defence (DND)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC)
- Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Health Canada
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED)
- National Research Council of Canada's Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP)
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- Transport Canada
- Canada's regional economic development agencies:
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
- Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
- Canadian Northern Economic Development Initiative (CanNor)
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario)
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Northern Ontario (FedNor)
- Pacific Economic Development Canada (PacifiCan)
- Prairies Economic Development Canada (PrairiesCan)
We’re working with our partners so businesses can spend less time on government and more time innovating.
Want to discover other ways the government
can support your business?
The Accelerated Growth Service offers a continuum of services to help entrepreneurs and businesses find the right supports to grow and scale. Get in touch with us to find out if one of these services is right for your business.
Answer a few questions on the Business Benefits Finder to get a tailored list of programs and services including funding, loans, wage subsidies, tax credits, expert advice, and more. Or get in touch with us.
The Global Hypergrowth Project is powered by Innovation Canada
At Innovation Canada, we back innovators. From funding to expert advice to driving new collaborations, our programs and services are designed to help businesses innovate, create jobs and grow Canada’s economy. We are committed to providing inclusive programs and cultivating a workplace that is both diverse and inclusive so that we can best support the businesses we serve.